English Summer Camps
Are you ready to learn English and delve into the amazing surroundings that Canada has to offer? If so Longbridge Academy ESL summer camps are the right choice for you.
You will make lasting friendships while discovering more about yourself and the world around you!
Longbridge English summer camp ( LEC ) in Toronto, Canada is the perfect way for all international students to learn and practice English while exploring the local surrounding area. Each one of our camp programs is designed to be fun, entertaining, and full of learning experiences that you will not find anywhere else.
One of the best things about our summer camp is that you are not stuck inside a classroom the entire summer. We take trips all over the area to provide you with an eventful learning experience that is like nothing else you have ever done.
Longbridge English Camp (LEC)
Longbridge English Summer Camp (LEC) In Affiliated with the EFS Program of Waterloo University
Longbridge Academy offers a unique English summer camp (LEC) program for International Student. This program takes place in the University of Waterloo under the supervision of Longbridge Academy and Renison English Language Institution (Language Institution of University of Waterloo) every year in July and August.
Since 1972, the Renison English Language Institute (Renison ELI) has offered high quality English language programs and courses. Located in University of Waterloo, Renison ELI supports more than 1000 students from 35 countries each year in achieving their academic and professional goals. As a Renison ELI student, you will receive a unique language learning experience. Your English language classes will engage you in exciting university topics in liberal arts, science, business, and technology. You will meet students from different countries, allowing you to explore and understand new cultures through the use of English. You will also become a part of the student community at the University of Waterloo, one of the world’s leading institutions for research, technology, and innovation.
Summer is a great time to visit Canada – and a great time to improve your English skills! English for Success (LEC) is a program in two sessions (July or August) designed to help you improve your English, live and study in a Canadian university, and make new friends from around the world!
LEC offers many unique features:
More than 75 hour intensive program (25 hours per week) in August Semester and 50 hours (25 hours per week) in July Semester in communication skills for students whose native language is not English
4 levels from high beginner to advanced
- Professional instruction and individual attention from experienced TESL-certified instructors
- Courses on Presentation Skills ( 10 hours per week ), Listening and Speaking ( 5 hours per week ), Integrated Skills ( 10 hours per week )
- Final assessment and achievement report
- A certificate from Renison English Language Institute at the University of Waterloo
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-Off Service
- Health Insurance
- Double-room accommodation at Renison University College in Waterloo University, Full meal plan (3 meals per day from Monday to Friday, and 2 meals per day on Saturday and Sunday - brunch and dinner)
- English Classes
- Afternoon Excursions
- Evening Events
- Weekend Trips
- Single and double room accommodation
- Wireless Internet
- Full-service cafeteria, including vegetarian options
- Weekly cleaning service
- Student lounge space with high-definition TVs and game tables
- Access to university of Waterloo facilities including our library and group study space
- Shared facilities and meals with other students
- Program assistants help you practice English every day
- Downtown Toronto
- Niagara Falls
- Thousands island Trip
- Canada's Wonderland
- University Tour
- Grand River Rafting
- Shopping Mall
- Local tourist destinations in Waterloo
- Local tourist destinations in Toronto
- A one-time $100 non-refundable application fee and a $1000 tuition deposit are required for each semester you wish to register. The tuition deposit(s) will be deducted from your tuition fees.
- A full tuition fee refund, less the application fee (CAD$100.00), will be granted if Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not issue the visa.
- University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) coverage must be purchased regardless of medical coverage from your home country. Health Insurance is included in the tuition fee.
- For July Semester only, the custodianship is required for every student. Note that custodian for all the students will be Longbridge High School and the cost is included in tuition fee.
LEC is Designed For
- Individuals aged 16 and older, interested in improving their English skills in speaking, listening and writing in Summer.
- Students from foreign universities looking for a short-term summer English program in a large Canadian university environment.
- Working professionals looking for a short-term English language program to improve their presentation and communication skills.
LEC Semesters and Dates
Below are the dates for LEC program:
- First Semester : July 9 – July 28
- Second Semester : July 27 – August 25